Required documents for this meeting:
1. Meeting program
2. Meeting instructions
3. Meeting information document
4. Registration list of attendees to the meeting
5. PowerPoint template for the Cyprus meeting
6. WP6 instructions and template package (ZIP)
RECARE Plenary Meeting Cyprus - information page
2016: Monday, 4 April 12:00 – Friday, 8 April 12:30.
Cyprus, Agros village.
Rodon Hotel, 1 Rodon Str., 4860 AGROS – CYPRUS, Tel. 25521201.
4. Stay and Booking
- Rodon Hotel, 3 star.
- Single room with full board: 72 Euro.
- There are very limited dinner options in the Agros village, so we have arranged a special group price for full board for all.
- After filling out the registration form on this website, we will forward your data to the Rodon hotel, so they know you are coming.
- Cancellation policy: 7 days before arrival no charge. No-shows or cancellations 6 days before arrival or sooner will be charged the 1st day.
It is possible to order vegetarian food, or special products for people with allergies. Please indicate this on the registration page.
The following table shows the food 'group arrangement' that is covering both food and hotel room in the bundled price of € 300,50. The bundle price is fixed and independent of vegetarian or other special food wishes. When not dining in the hotel (days of excursion and social dinner), only half board is reserved. When you decide not to join one of these activities and want to dine in the hotel, you will need to pay seperately for your dinner. A packed lunch is arranged during the bus trip to the airport on Friday.
|Date||Daily Meal Plan||
€ 3.50 each one
Because the meeting starts on Monday April 4th, we advise everybody to arrive on Sunday, April 3rd or earlier. The itinerary below is based on arriving on Sunday, April 3rd.
Due to possible odd arrival times on Sunday April 3rd, we spend the first night in Limassol, and on Monday 4th, together we travel on to Agros. Since the itinerary becomes a bit complex, we have tried to give a complete overview of the week of the meeting below:
ITINERARY FOR THE WHOLE TRIP
I. Arrival on Cyprus on Sunday -> travel to Limassol by shuttle bus from the airport (there is a shuttle bus from both airports to Limassol (price: 9 Euro). The shuttle bus is almost hourly from Larnaca Airport, and 4-5 times a day from Pafos Airport (information: http://en.limassolairportexpress.eu/?page_id=8). The shuttle bus from Larnaca Airport to Limassol has two stops (1. and 2.), the shuttle bus from Pafos Airport to Limassol stops only at 1:
1. Agios Georgios Hafouzas – you need to take a taxi (price: approx. 7 Euro) to the hotels near the Sea Front.
2. Tourist Area outside Limassol: Elias Beach Hotel, Grand Resort, St. Raphael Hotel.
II. Stay in Limassol for 1 night (Sunday, April 3rd) (Please book your own hotel for this night, hotels are listed HERE).
III. Bus trip from Limassol hotel to Agros (Monday, April 4th) -> We will arrange a bus to pick you up at 8:30 from (1) Curium Palace Hotel and (2) Elias Beach Hotel (Tourist Area outside town). If needed we could organize a third stop for another large concentration of RECARE guests. If you arrive on a different time, you can travel to Agros from Limassol yourself by bus (120 min) Bus 50: Limassol Leontiou-EMEL Central Station to Rodon Hotel Agros departure Limassol (Mo-Friday): 7:30, 12:00, 13:40, 16:15, 18:15. Departure to Agros (Mo-Friday): 5:15, 6:00, 7:00, 09:00, 14:30.
IV. Stay in Agros village in Rodon hotel (stay and venue for the meeting).
V. Return to the airports in Larnaca and Pafos after the meeting (meeting will last until ~12:30) -> On Friday, April 8th we will again arrange a bus back from the Rodon Hotel to the Limassol shuttle bus stop for Pafos Airport; and directly to Larnaca Airport (approx 1 hr 40 min drive). Packed lunch during the bus ride will be arranged.
a. International travel options to Cyprus
- Larnaca International Airport
- Pafos International Airport
7. Local Money
- Local currency is Euro.
- Credit Card payments are widely accepted, except the items mentioned under 10. that indicate cash payment.
8. Local Weather
In April, the average daily temperature is 19 ⁰C, daily minimum is 12 ⁰C, daily maximum is 24 ⁰C.
- There will be a field trip on Wednesday, April 6th.
- Departure 9:00 return 17:30.
- We will go by bus and make a few walks.
- Lunch and drinks will be provided.
- It will be recommended to bring sturdy walking shoes or sneakers.
10. Meeting costs
- Shuttle bus from Airport to Limassol plus taxi: 16 Euro (cash payment).
- Hotel Limassol: approx 110 Euro (cash or creditcard payment).
- Rodon Hotel 4 nights full board plus 2 coffee breaks: approx. 300 Euro (cash or creditcard payment).
- Field trip bus and lunch: approx 25 Euro (cash payment).
- Social dinner: approx 25 Euro (cash payment).
- Receipts will be issued for the cash payments.
Total: approx 476 Euro.
11. Cyprus information on WikiPedia
12. Cyprus tourist information
Rodon Hotel, 1 Rodon Str., 4860 AGROS – CYPRUS,
Tel. +357 25 521 201.
Hotels in Limassol - near sea front and downtown:
Curium Palace Hotel: http://www.curiumpalacehotel.com.cy/
Kapetanios Hotel: http://www.kapetaniosgroup.com/Hotels.aspx?hotelid=1
Crowne Plaza Hotel: http://limassol.crowneplaza.com/
Hotels in Limassol - Tourist area (outside town, but with Airport shuttlebus stop):
Elias Beach Hotel: http://hotel-rez.com/hw/a224046/index.htm?lbl=ggl-en&gclid=CJLY3Pb2qcoCFSEcwwodyScJIg
Grand Resort Hotel: http://www.grandresort.com.cy/
St Raphael Resort: http://www.raphael.com.cy/
Tel: +357-22 208 620; mobile: 97720193
Tel: +357-22 208 607; mobile: 99873748
Eroulla Cadd (administrative assistant)
Tel: +357-22 208 601